Supersedes Service Instruction No. 1279B
May 8, 2012
- IO540AA1A5, AA1B5, AE1A5, E1A5, E1B5, K1A5, K1B5, K1D5, K1E5, K1F5, K1G5, K1H5, K1J5, K1K5, K1A5D, K1G5D, K1J5D, L1C5, M1A5, M1C5, M1B5D, S1A5
- TIO540A2B, A2C, AE2A, AH1A, F2BD, J2B, J2BD, S1AD, U2A
- LTIO540F2BD, J2B, J2BD, U2A
TIME OF COMPLIANCE
Whenever oil sump baffle replacement is necessary or at owner's discretion
This Service Instruction includes three replacement options that apply to two different oil sump baffles on affected Lycoming engine models:
- To replace the oil sump baffle that is attached to the crankcase with oil sump baffle P/N 56G23399, refer to Part I of this Service Instruction.
- To replace the oil sump baffle that is installed on bosses in the oil sump and induction housing P/N 56A26070, refer to Part II of this Service Instruction.
- To replace the oil sump which has the oil sump baffle attached to the crankcase with the new allin one sixboss oil sump and induction housing assembly P/N 56A26070 that will come with the oil sump baffle P/N 56G26069 already installed, refer to Part III of this Service Instruction.
Product Support Network
Wherever you are in the world, you have access to exceptional expertise and knowledge about Lycoming engines. Get the most comprehensive customer service and support in the general aviation industry.
Find a Service Center
Every Lycoming Service Center can help keep your engine up to date with all Service Instructions.