October 10, 2014
Lycoming Engine Model TIO-540-AJ1A with a Serial Number Identified in Table 1 or any TIO-540-AJ1A with a Turbocharger Mounting Bracket Purchased as a Spare between April 5, 2012 and May 29, 2014
TIME OF COMPLIANCE
The Required Action must be completed within the next 25 hours or next scheduled maintenance event (whichever occurs first) for:
- Engines identified in Table 1 with 0 to 400 hours time in service since new, rebuilt, or overhauled.
- Engines with a turbocharger mounting bracket purchased as a spare between April 5, 2012 and May 29, 2014, with 0 to 400 hours time in service since bracket replacement.
- Return turbocharger mounting brackets currently in stock.
The Required Action must be completed at next overhaul for:
- Engines identified in Table 1 with over 400 hours time in service since new rebuilt, or overhauled.
- Engines with a turbocharger mounting bracket purchased as a spare between April 5, 2012 and May 29, 2014, with over 400 hours time in service since bracket replacement.
REASON FOR REVISION
Engine serial number L-13961-61E was added to Table 1. There are no other changes.
This Service Bulletin contains turbocharger mounting bracket replacement instructions, disassembly/inspection/assembly instructions for the exhaust system (Figures 1 and 2), and warranty instructions for specific Lycoming engine models TIO-540-AJ1A, identified in Table 1. This mandatory inspection and turbocharger mounting bracket replacement must be done on engines identified in the Time of Compliance above.
Product Support Network
Wherever you are in the world, you have access to exceptional expertise and knowledge about Lycoming engines. Get the most comprehensive customer service and support in the general aviation industry.
Find a Service Center
Every Lycoming Service Center can help keep your engine up to date with all Service Bulletins.