Business Conduct Guidelines
At Textron, we are committed to the principles of INTEGRITY, RESPECT, TRUST and PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE in all relationships with CUSTOMERS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, SHAREHOLDERS, the COMMUNITY and the ENVIRONMENT.
Our Business Conduct Guidelines are based on this Values Statement, which engenders a culture that fosters a safe workplace, values diversity, encourages communication and respects innovation.
If you have any questions or would like a copy of Textron's Business Conduct Guidelines, please click here.
Our Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and use information about you that we reasonably believe will help us administer our business or provide products, services or other opportunities to you. Among other things, we use the information we learn about you to help us personalize and improve the experience you have with us, to respond to your requests and to communicate with you. The types of information we collect, retain and use include the following:
- Site Use Information: In general, you can visit Lycoming's Web Site (the "Site") without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the domain names, not the email addresses, of visitors. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. Lycoming uses this information ("behavior profiles") to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site. We may share with third parties experiential information or other data that does not personally identify users of our Site. This might include product or service preferences of all visitors to our Site, for example.
- Registration Information You Provide To Us: When you register on our Site to be able to post information, to advertise or to use or browse listings on our Site, we collect profile information from you through your registration form ("Personally Identifiable Information"). We require that you provide your first and last name ("account name"), email address and password in order to register to use our Site. If you wish to advertise or obtain support or contact us with questions or regarding Web Site issues or corrections, we require you to provide your full name, email address and country/region. At your option you may voluntarily provide your company name, address (i.e., street address, city, state, country and zip/postal code), customer ID, phone number, fax number or product information. Although you may choose not to provide the optional information to us, it may result in some features not being available to you.
- Credit Card Information: To the extent you register to post listings and/or advertisements on our Site or to use/browse the Site for listings or advertisements, we may ask for credit card information in connection with payment for these services pursuant to our Posting and Purchasing Agreement with you. However, Lycoming does not maintain a record of your credit card information, but simply forwards it to its bank for confirmation of payment. Lycoming will not disclose credit card information except to its bank or to authorized credit card processors and accounting companies for the purposes of maintaining your account. Security used to safeguard Personally Identifiable Information, behavior profiles and credit card information is described in a separate section below.
- Purchase Information: If you decide to purchase a product posted on our Site, we may require information in addition to that provided in the registration form. This information will be used only to complete your purchase transaction and (if you purchase a product from us) for warranty or service purposes.
- Email Communications: We use your email address to contact you to respond to your inquiries or to provide information on products or services to you. To help us determine whether you have received an email from us, and to help us make emails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation that you have opened an email from us.
- Child Privacy: Because of the nature of our business, our products and services are not designed to appeal to minors, and therefore we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children. Our terms and conditions of use require that any registration may only be made by those age 18 or older and that any product or service purchases may only be made by those age 18 or older. If we have reason to believe that information is being provided by a child under the age of 18, Lycoming will not collect the information without parental consent or parent notification, which will include the opportunity for the parent to prevent the use of the information or to prevent the child's participation in the activity. Without parental consent, online information will only be used to respond to an unsolicited request and for no other purposes. We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and with parents.
Restrictions on Disclosing Information to Third Parties
Security Procedures to Protect Information
We maintain numerous security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information about you. Our Site uses encryption technology, digital certificates, secure commerce servers and authentication to protect your Personally Identifiable Information. As long as the web browser you are using supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), your information will be submitted to us with a high level of security. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We have procedures limiting employee access to Personally Identifiable Information to those employees who have a business reason to know such information about you. We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the security of your information. We take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities. It is also important for you to help protect against unauthorized access by signing off of our Site each time you finish using the Site.
Your Access to Your Information
In general, we provide you with access to your Personally Identifiable Information in the "My Account Information" portion of your Lycoming account for the purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, enabling you to update your information. If you believe that any of the information is incorrect, notify us immediately at the address specified under "contact us" elsewhere on this Site and we will promptly correct erroneous information. You may also delete your Personally Identifiable Information by clicking on the "My Account Information" portion of your Lycoming Account.
Inapplicability of Privacy Policies of any Linked Sites or Other Parties
Last updated: July 24, 2013